Why Buy Life Insurance
There are good reasons. Here are just a few:
- to replace a lost income stream;
- to cancel out debt (if you subscribe to the belief that "a debt should never last longer than the person who created it");
- to provide liquidity;
- to equalize an estate;
- to donate to a favourite charity;
- to pay a final tax bill, in a cost-effective manner;
- to provide cash flow for a buy-sell provision in a shareholders' agreement;
- to diversify your portfolio and provide an alternative tax sheltered investment fund;
- to provide comfort to your creditors, investors, and team members;
- to provide flexibility and alternatives.
Remember, not all life insurance policies are created equal. First, the requirement for life insurance needs to be determined. Once the reason for purchasing insurance is determined, the design of the product is considered. Once the appropriate product is designed, the carrier (life insurance company) should be chosen.
TOP | BACK